So Basically:

My photo
Im a mild-mannered, slightly-silly people person who doesn't understand what a people person is.

Saturday 13 August 2011

Seeing as im having trouble sleeping...

I think i'll tell you about my day.


I woke up easier than i'd expected following my exhausting night. I've been having trouble sleeping for a couple of days, now. I think about it too much which i suppose is glorifying it and making it worse. Im not upset about it right now, so no matter.


I snuck behind my niece down the stairs and waited until she was on the last step to scare her. That earned me a cwtch but hindered me a bacon butty. (Which one's better? That's a good debate.....cwtch) I spent much of my morning chatting with my niece, working in occasional math questions which she tires of. If she makes progress she teaches me how to dance which is her forte.


I danced my way to making my bacon butty and i was ready for todays task.


Get over my friends house and get our podcast recorded. 


I got there with my guitar and laptop, all ready to do some sketches and chatting. So we started with chatting, which went on for a little longer than it should have but it was nice, as usual. Meanwhile one of us (not me) were writing up some scripts of ideas we developed today. We also found an extra script that was nearly forgotten and found a way to adapt it for an audio only format instead of video, which was handy.


We jumped into the recording process which always flies by. I enjoy pretending and we all did lots of it today. I got to be a news reporter, a singer for a weird rock band, a sixth form music student, a clueless rioter and also myself in hugely exaggerated situations.


Voice acting was over and the four of us rushed to the chinese takeaway for some nosh. We all eat at the kitchen table which was a lovely experience. Four friends behaving like family, in that we all eat and poked fun at each-other.
Then the podcast was to be edited together which proved to be the biggest slog of the day. Making the podcast's conceit of flicking through an analogue radio proved to be quite difficult. I've never seen garageband look so busy and intimidating. Filled with scattered bits of audio comedy that had to be moved ever so carefully so as not to lose anything.


The audio is basically arranged now and it'll be released tomorrow for whoever want's to listen to it. I'll probably plug it again but for good measure;


Download the ACRE podcasts for free on itunes and have yourself a giggle.


Im going to try and sleep now. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment