So Basically:

My photo
Im a mild-mannered, slightly-silly people person who doesn't understand what a people person is.

Sunday 22 January 2012

Hello and happy late January.

It is sunday the twenty first of january and all is well!


I haven't written here in a while it seems. I left it at "Im about to do a gig...Bumph". The gig went well and i was very pleased with myself. My only irk was that i feel that i didn't have enough material. I dropped two bits. One out of uncertainty of funniness and the other out of negligence. I forgot it. However, the bits that i performed seamed well rounded. I came across as playful which i am. So that's good, isn't it?


It's the new year and i haven't even tried to do another gig. My focus has been a little all over the place and i don't know where to start. Im still writing material but im not arranging or practicing it. I've written some songs that im very pleased with and want to give them a go, so my excuse is "I want to do music first" so im going to do that. However a month has passed and i've not tried to get a gig. Silly me.


All that's going to change. Well, not all of it. I'll still write stuff. I'll still do what i usually do, which is labelled under the file "Stuff Dafydd Evans does, mostly". What im saying behind the two paragraphs of pedantry is that im going to get myself on a small stage to perform some original Dafydd Evans Art at the bother of willing audience members. But before that Im going to do some washing.


This month I've had some more work than usual. I've been invigilating. The most boring thing you can do in a school apart from pulling staples out of a wall. I've taken my time to slightly bend the strict examination rules/conditions and write more ideas. This month has been rewarding as i've written five-ish sketches whilst invigilating. Naughty, productive me.


I enjoy writing things. It's a wonder why i don't do these diary-style updates more often because i always feel good after writing one. I suppose im just making sure that it doesn't ever feel boring, which is silly.


Ok, i've just thought of a new-late-january-onwards-resolution. Let me explain. This month there's been a few moments where interesting/funny things have happened to me. I've told my family/friends about them and we've all had a nice chuckle about them. But have you heard anything about them, dear internet? No. so my new-late-january-onwards-resolution is to write about the silly things that happen to me.


At this point in my life, for some reason, it feels important to not "do nothing". The idea seems naughty to me. I just want to try and do something at every opportunity.


Basically, I want to try or create new things in my spare time. As much as possible.


I've written id down now so it means something, doesn't it? We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment