So Basically:

My photo
Im a mild-mannered, slightly-silly people person who doesn't understand what a people person is.

Friday 15 July 2011

Reason for the new blogger

So this is my new blog. It shouldn't be necessary but google accounts have been right annoying for me today.

What's the story?

Well, it all started when i was 15 i think. I had the privilege of creating an email address. What would a 15 year old who's cool and hip name this?

boydump@blahblah.com


Cool incarnate i know. I just wanted to make people laugh. It still does from time to time. Well now im all grown up i wanted to get rid of it and get me some wicked pants grown up email address. The other reason for the deletion was that the homepage of the email was just plain frustrating to look at.

So i have.

Not before going through a right hella-palaver.
The thing is, I set boydump up as a google account in order to have my original blogger. Mind optimising ointment i believe it was called. The thing is, even though i have a new gmail account, AND blogger is built on google accounts, i wasn't able to simply switch the main email account from one to the other. If i want to get rid of boydump i have to get rid of the blog. Entirely.

Well it's a shame to delete the 69 (har) blogs i wrote so i put myself through the major slog of copying and saving them all into separate word files. Did that and then deleted the blog.

Just before i was about to delete the address i realised that it was tied to many things i use. Facebook, twitter, tumblr, amazon, play....The list goes ever onwards. Then i had to swap all of these from boydump to dafyddemail. Did that and then deleted boydump.

I know i've forgotten something too. Just don't know what. As is usually the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment